If you couldn't find it here..

Search for tips in our other blogs

01 June 2010

Be Careful How You Unlock E72

I just called up Three to have my phone unlocked but after going through with the operator and entering the unlock code, I got a "code error". I tried again and got the same result. She then mentioned that some Nokias such as the E72 have been experiencing problems with unlocking. Three is looking into it and until then, I should not try to enter the unlock code. After three attempts to unlock the phone, it will be permanently locked!

For those that will be bringing their mobile phone to another carrier other than the one that they signed up with, or if you are wishing to use a sim card overseas on your E72, you will need to know how to unlock your phone. Most service providers will give you the unlocking code for free. Three Australia provides the unlock code for free if you call them up and tell them that you need to use the phone overseas. They will talk you through how to unlock your phone.

If you already have the unlock code, this is what you need to enter in your phone from the main screen.

#pw+unlockcode+1#

9 comments:

  1. my e72 phone keeps leaving applications running in background draining my battery is there a way of turning all apps of please any help appriciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. hold down the HOME button and you will be able to switch between applications and close them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shows me NOT ALLOWED !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend had entered the lock code but he doesn`t remember.what can i do to reset the lock code....?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kinda scary to think that your phone can be locked permanently if you fail at unlocking it three times. E72 owners will find this very handy since unlocking phones will be very convenient for them, especially during their travel overseas.

    Elliott Bellaire

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do i set security code to prevent others from using/enter my phone? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. go to settings -> security -> security code

    ReplyDelete
  8. say the unlock code

    ReplyDelete
  9. As suggested by the article, I too unlocked my Nokia E72 using unlock code. But unfortunately I was not able to get the unlock code from my network provider immediately. I got the unlock code for my Nokia E72 quicker from ClassicUnlocking.Com at affordable cost with easy unlocking guide.

    ReplyDelete